Wednesday, October 26, 2011

12 keys to manifesting your own UNBELIEVABLE love story

   The Wizard of Oz is genius. Not only because our heroine is from Kansas, but because it teaches us that what we are searching for is often inside of us. The answers lie within. At my school, our facilitators often said that "our outer experience is a reflection of our inner world reality." Dorothy didn't like what she was experiencing in the outer world of farm life in Kansas. She wanted to be somewhere else, doing other things. It wasn't until her fantastic dream, a dream that changed her inner world reality from one of isolation and dissatisfaction to knowing "there's no place like home" that she found peace. She realized that she had the power to do whatever she wanted to do. She discovered that heart, intelligence, and courage had been with her the entire time.
   But it's not like she didn't have a few hoops to jump through first --that mean old witch, a few scary trees, some flying monkeys, and wacky flowers. We all have our challenges, issues, and vices to face. The trick is remembering that ALL of the answers are inside. When it came to love, I had to find that my challenges were of my own making, screaming at me like the Wicked Witch and in order to change, I had to get my ass on the yellow brick road and do some work.
   On this road, I discovered 12 keys to manifesting my love story. I'll be breaking each step down on the blogs to follow. Here's what you can look forward to:

  • Say it loud and proud...creating a clear, powerful intention for the relationship you want
  • Bethesda and other angels...discovering how the Universe has been speaking to you through others 
  • Sliding Doors and Blue Butterflies...playful ways to recognize that Spirit is listening and guiding you to be exactly where you need to be at all times
  • Seeing the gifts of the past to be present in your future...taking inventory of your past relationships (please do not be afraid of this. I will be here to hold your hand.)
  • Fire, Faeries, and Forgiveness...discover how forgiveness is a magic elixir.
  • To be AND not to be...revisiting your intention and finding out what is not congruous with it. Removing bogus beliefs and Competing Intentions
  • If you want cheese, you must refuse the apple...how to recognize when you are taking what you really don't want
  • Be the cheese...if you want romance, BE romantic. If you want loyalty, BE loyal. Becoming the qualities you want in your mate.
  • Change the Set...a friend of mine says, "move your stuff, change your life." Taking a look at your environment to see if it "says" what you are asking from the Universe.
  • Jump out of a Plane...No, not really... Unless?...Stretching out of your comfort zone to call your mate forward.
  • Keeping the lines of communication open...How to keep your relationship with the Universe active and tangible through prayer and meditation
  • Like a child at Christmas...BELIEVE that love is just around the corner. EXPECT at any given moment he could walk through that door.

   I would suggest that before you begin on your journey with me, you go out and buy a beautiful journal, one you will look forward to opening and writing in.  Next, find that perfect pen. I love felt tip pens myself. There's something decadent about the way they glide across the paper. In addition, I recommend purchasing the book, Calling in "The One" by Katherine Woodward Thomas and doing the exercises devoutly. She is able to put a language to the complexities of emotion/fear/hope/possibility that we experience in the search for love. I started this book at the end of September '09 and finished the last exercise on the plane to NYC for that first romantic week together.  I believe that the book played a huge part in preparing me for Daniel. And when you have your journal, pen and book in tow...come with me and follow the yellow brick road.


As a side note, I have a little more to add to my own fairy tale.  In 2006, I had a vision. It was a view from a window in Paris. The walls were white and the balcony was perfectly Parisian in nature, complete with an iron design, a flower box and a view of the city and hotels with similar windows. I felt that it was a hotel room that I was sharing with my love.  I cultivated this vision by sharing it. My friend, Jennifer, even found a poster of what I was describing. That was 5 years ago. Last week, Daniel had to go to Paris for business and he took his little family along. Our room had my window. In the City of Lights last Monday night on our 2 year date-aversary, he proposed.


WAY.




1 comment: